You can use my repo as a PWA boilerplate in order to jump directly to code with React without worrying in the details.
- Material Design and AppShell: Responsive, fit any form factor, desktop but the first is mobile. AppShell architecture implemented wearing material design got bressed by material-ui.com
- ES6 via Babel: You can use ES6 feature with same babel-preset to create-react-app and dynamic module importing
- Webpack — Remarkable configurations: Webpack configuration file has been written in configurable, optimzied and easy settings
- Webpack — Developing Progressive Web App: You can check them of optimized bundling for PWA including code-splitting, multiple chunk and preload. As developing, reloading changes instantly by webpack-dev-server, also it is working well with service worker
- HTTPS: Deploying to Firebase Hosting to run perfectly on HTTPS with PWA features
- Web Push: Web Push demo also is branded at this app by Firebase Push Messaging
- Service Worker: Generating service worker scripts is completly intergrated in build process with Webpack 2 and plugins
- Web Manifest: Have a look how to installable webapp work by Web Manifest
- Realtime Database: integrated firebase to show PWA how to work with fetched data and cached data via service worker
- Code splitting: for speed optimization and initial page fast load.
- React Lite Support: To achieve minimal vundle size at initializing time of the app, we support for building with react-lite. Simple, you can get another version of app running on
react-liteif you could add the additional argument on build command when you build
My updates and additions
- Updated Webpack 4 and all the plugins used in the config.
- Updated to Babel 7
- Added React Hot Loader for realtime coding experience
- Updated to React 16.5 & PropTypes
- Removed React Tap Event Plugin as it is deprecated since React 16.4. See https://github.com/zilverline/react-tap-event-plugin
- Added Loadable Component for code splitting and in replacement of the
- Updated to Material UI 3.3.0
- Updated to Firebase 5.5.4
- Added Cloud Firestore for the database implementation in the Users component.
Thanks for your time!
I'm nahuelhds. If you like what I do, you can...